RPM`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM`s

Oh well....and I thought that a quick shaft change with such a model & year and presto.......RPM would be down at crusing speed... say around 118 / 120 klm/hour (metric up here) and the needle would show around 2800 to 3200 or so !!!!! Thanks anyway guys.....Guess will have to enjoy it as is.,........

Has anyone tried the fat boy mufflers yet ????? Was it alot of hassle to install ???? How`s the sound ????

Camper.....

rpms

hi there you could trike your xs and that would allow you to mess around with tyre sizes to get your revs down......just a thought.......i have nearly finished my one so i will let you know what differnce is......cheers

Comment

Fat Boy Mufflers

Did the conversion, the article on the board is very straight forward and easy to follow, also very accurate... follow it for this procedure. The mufflers change the look of the rear end a little, but I like it. Sound is a good bit louder and also deeper, tonation is the major change. Had to do some tweaking to smooth up idle but no re-jetting as suggested on the board, ended up opening mix screws another full turn. That also could be a combo of K&N Filters and fat boy pipes. My headers were good, i merely welded an adapter piece and extension onto them and can now use most any slip on type muffler. By the way fat boy's are slip on type. If you can get a full set up to the header they have some universal type heat shields which cover up the connections and compliment the look of the chrome plated fat boys. Very simple took me about two hours including trip to auto parts store for adapters.
      Unless you are the lead sled dog the view never changes.

Comment

Working...
      X